The OMI continued its 2021 course series with a webinar in Bone and Joint Surgery from April 13-15, 2021. Under the academic leadership of the Hospital for Special Surgery 10 interesting lectures on various topics were presented to our fellows.
Dr. Mathias Bostrom has been a faculty member for many years and directed the course for the 9th time in 2021. Dr. Reinhard Windhager from the Medical University of Vienna co-directed the course. The faculty for this OMInar was completed by Dr. Lana Kang, Dr. William M. Ricci, and Dr. Scott J. Ellis.
The OMI faculty created a compelling schedule that included cutting-edge information on:
- Management of Hallux Valgus (Dr. Scott J. Ellis | Hospital for Special Surgery)
- Management of the Adult Aquired Flatfoot (Progressive Collapsing Foot Deformity) (Dr. Scott J. Ellis | Hospital for Special Surgery)
- Total Hip Replacement Revisions (Dr. Mathias Bostrom | Hospital for Special Surgery)
- Winning the Race to Fracture Healing (Dr. William M. Ricci | Hospital for Special Surgery)
- Ankle Fractures: Simple Injuries with Complex Solutions (Dr. William M. Ricci | Hospital for Special Surgery)
- Wrist Ligaments: Anatomy, Biomechanics & Disorders (Dr. Lana Kang | Hospital for Special Surgery)
- Hand, Thumb, and Wrist Arthritis (Dr. Lana Kang | Weill Cornell Medicine)
- Reconstruction after Tumor Resection in the Extremities (Dr. Reinhard Windhager | Medical University of Vienna)
- Management of Bone Metastases (Dr. Reinhard Windhager | Medical University of Vienna)
- Total Knee Replacement Revisions (Dr. Mathias Bostrom | Hospital for Special Surgery)
The fellow’s engagement could be seen in the number of submitted case reports: 28 out of 32 participants provided a clinical case prior to the event, 10 of which were chosen by the course directors and presented during the live event. These cases can be accessed via the OMI Case Library, which also contains all excellent cases from previous OMI Seminars and OMInars.