This years’ course in Oncology A took place from April 27 – 29, 2021.
We were very honored that Dr. David G. Pfister from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center led the course again this year, being a member of the OMI faculty for more than 15 years now. We also owe special thanks to Dr. David J. Straus, who co-directed the course.
Dr. Raajit K. Rampal has been a faculty member since 2015. We are happy to announce that all other faculty members this week are a new addition to our team. Welcome Dr. Aaron D. Goldberg, Dr. Steven Horwitz, Dr. Malin Hultcrantz, Dr. Anita Kumar, Dr. Anthony Mato, Dr. Michael J. Mauro, Dr. Gilles Salles and Dr. Hervé Tilly. We are looking forward to more of your interesting lectures in the future.
The schedule covered the following interesting lectures:
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma (Dr. Anita Kumar | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- AML, ALL (Dr. Aaron D. Goldberg | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- DLBCL and High-Grade B-Cell Lymphoma (Dr. Hervé Tilly | Center Henri Becquerel)
- Low-Grade B-Cell Lymphoma (Dr. Gilles Salles | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- T-Cell Lymphoma (Dr. Steven Horwitz | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) (Dr. Michael J. Mauro | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Hodgkin Lymphoma (Dr. David J. Straus | Memorial Sloan Kettering Medical Center)
- Multiple Myeloma (Dr. Malin Hultcrantz | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) (Dr. Anthony Mato | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- MDS, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (Dr. Raajit K. Rampal | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
Fellows’ Case Presentations
45 fellows from 20 different countries were invited to participate in the OMInar. Out of an impressive number of 41 submitted clinical cases, 14 excellent cases were chosen by the Course Director to be presented and discussed during the live event. These excellent cases on the topic of Oncology A are now part of the OMI Case Library, accessible to all OMI alumni.