Under the academic leadership of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, this year’s OMInar in General Pediatrics took place from March 30 – April 1, 2021 as an interactive multi-day webinar.
Course Director Dr. James Guevara was a faculty member in previous years, and we were honored that he led the course for the first time this year. We also owe special thanks to Dr. Reinhold Kerbl from the General Hospital of Leoben, who worked together with Dr. Guevera to create this year’s compelling schedule and is already well acquainted with the program as he co-directed the course for the 7th time. The OMI faculty was completed by Dr. Annique K. Hogan, Dr. Patrick McMahon and Dr. Erin Pete Devon.
40 fellows from 28 different countries were eager to learn the latest from leading experts in General Pediatrics who shared their knowledge on the following topics:
- Developmental Screening (James Guevara, MD, MPH)
- Children with Medical Complexity (Annique Hogan, MD)
- Skin Infections (Patrick McMahon, MD)
- Kawasaki Disease & Multisystemic Inflammatory Syndrome (Erin Pete Devon, MD)
- Lymphadenitis (Reinhold Kerbl, MD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (James Guevara, MD, MPH)
- Teledermatology (Patrick McMahon, MD)
- Sleep Medicine (Reinhold Kerbl, MD)
- Technology Dependent Care (Annique Hogan, MD)
- Pediatric Sedation (Erin Pete Devon, MD)
Fellows’ Case Presentations
Fellows were asked to hand in clinical case reports, which were screened by the course directors prior to the OMInar. The 10 nominated fellows from 9 countries had the chance to present and discuss their cases during the second and third days of the online event. These excellent cases on the topic of General Pediatrics are now part of the OMI Case Library, accessible to all OMI alumni.