For more than 30 years, U.S. News & World Report has consistently recognized the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center as one of the top 2 cancer hospitals in the United States. This year, MSKCC was also ranked the second in the nation for the treatment of ear, nose and throat and urologic diseases, and ranked third in gynecology. This recognition of excellence reflects the depth and breadth of expertise that MSKCC brings to their patients.
The OMI is very proud to partner with MSKCC for more than twenty years. Dr. David G. Pfister, Chief of the Head and Neck Oncology Service at MSKCC and a seventeen-year veteran of the OMI/ MSKCC courses, directed this week’s webinar on Thoracic, and Head and Neck Cancers. 28 fellows from 23 different countries, who were selected out of 160 applicants, had the chance to learn from an expert faculty. Dr. Walter Klepetko from the Medical University in Vienna, who conducted the first coronavirus lung transplant in Europe, was among the lecturers.
During the two-day OMInar the following topics were discussed:
- Upper Aerodigestive Tract and Salivary Gland Cancers
- Molecular Diagnosis of Head and Neck Tumors
- Beyond EGFR/ALK: Targeted Therapy for Genome-Driven Lung Cancers
- Screening for and Surgical Management of Early Stage Lung Cancer
- Multidisciplinary Treatment of Thymic Malignancies
- SBRT for Early-Stage NSCLC
- Surgical Management of Advanced Lung Cancer